Re: [Bacula-devel] sql query with PathId=0 during verify job

Kern Sibbald wrote:
> What surprises me is that I always believed that write() operations were
> atomic.  However, in this case, two thread are writing to the same socket at
> the same time, and the data of the two write()s is intermixed -- a bit ugly.

I don't know if this is really relevant or not to this particular case, but
this man page claims that at least for pipes and FIFOs, writes are only atomic
up to writing PIPE_BUF bytes:

http://linux.die.net/man/3/write

I don't pretend to be much of a C programmer, but it sounds plausible to me =)

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken