[Bacula-devel] Bacula BETA 2.2.9-b1 released to Source Forge

Hello,

I have just released the first BETA version of Bacula 2.2.9 (named 2.2.9-b1)
as well as the Win32 binaries to Source Forge.

I am releasing it first as a beta release because it contains a large number
of changes and a backport of a lot of fixes for the Storage daemon
reservation system.   The Linux source code has been quite well tested and
passes all the regression tests.  For those of you who are having tape drive
problems with bug #1053, I recommend that you try this version, but I doubt
it will fix all the problems.

The Win32 code has a number of bug fixes and code that should allow mount
points to work correctly (not many Win32 users use mount points).   WARNING
several users have reported that this version does not work for them.  I
strongly recommend careful testing with the Win32 version and please be sure
to keep a copy of your previous version if you must fall back.

To the best of my knowledge this beta release has not been tested on Solaris
or Mac OS X.  However, it has been tested on Linux and FreeBSD.

I would appreciate feedback on this version -- particularly whether or not it
has fixed the bugs ...

PS: In the last few days, Eric Bollengier discovered that the
2.2.8-jobmedia.patch that was recently released creates a new problem.  This
is fixed in the 2.2.9-b1 code and Eric will be releasing a patch to the patch
shortly.