Re: [Bacula-devel] Feature request: "minimum spool size" setting

On Friday 21 March 2008 22:06:21 David Boyes wrote:
> Rather than putting any more work into the current spooling code,
> wouldn't it be more productive to modify the migration code to do
> threshold-based triggers? That would be generally useful, and replace
> the current spooling code with something more generalized. I suspect
> it'd be about equally difficult.

Although the concepts are somewhat similar, spooling and migration are very
different -- migration as it is currently implemented in Bacula (or even with
a lot of improvements) can never do the same thing as spooling.  Even if one
did attempt to simulate spooling with migration, the overhead of migration
compared to spooling is enormous.