Re: [Bacula-devel] jcr->client->FDport

Sorry for breaking threads -- I'm having a hard time with the
no-duplicate feature of mailman..

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 02:15:04PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
>> While we are on the tunneling subject: RunBeforeJob is a great thing but
>> it's not well suited for connecting to tunneled clients, clients in
>> VPNetworks or for servers behind a dial-up connection.
>>
>> Something like `RunBeforeClientConnect' could do the trick but I don't
>> know how possible this is, since it would require very smart scripts.
>
> I'm not sure I see the problem here.  RunBeforeJob IS run before Bacula
> connects to the client.  If a RunBeforeJob can ping a client to see whether
> it's alive, it can surely set up a connection to it.

RunBeforeJob gets - as the name states - executed before a job. If you
try to reach a tunneled client and you are not running a job (i.e.
estimate, status..), your action is going to fail because RunBeforeJob
is not triggered.