Re: [Bacula-devel] Bug report on wx-console win with bacula 2.2.8

Hello,

Now that I am back home with my normal development environment, I have tried a
restore with bwx-console on WinXP and it always fails trying to set the
storage. I believe this is pretty much what you reported.  In looking at the
console output, it seems to me like it is doing things that it really should
not be doing.

Since bwx-console is currently our only GUI on Windows, I will give it a high
priority -- it looks like the code needs to be reprogrammed.  I am a bit
surprised that no one has reported this previously ...

Concerning the problems you report with bwx-console on Debian: thanks for the
screen dumps.  I don't seem to be able to reproduce your problem, but what I
suggest for you to do is to build and use bat instead of bwx-console for
Linux systems.  bat has *many* more features, and it is known to work.  Since
bat is far superior to bwx-console, we will not be supporting bwx-console any
more on Linux systems.   I hope to have a port of bat to Win32 for the next
version of Bacula; the main issue is getting Qt4 to build under mingw32.

I still recommend that you open a bug report on the Win32 problem and just
copy the text of your first email.  See: www.bacula.org -> Bug Reports for
details.