Re: [Bacula-devel] Bug report on wx-console win with bacula 2.2.8

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 11.05:30 Adam Cécile wrote:
> Kern Sibbald a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > At this point, I recommend that you submit a bug report to
> > bugs.bacula.org. Please make sure the instructions for reproducing the
> > problem are clear (they may already be so, but I don't have it running in
> > front of me).  If necessary attach a screen dump to clearify any
> > ambiguities.
> >
> > What seems strange to me is that you say that it works with the Debian
> > bwx-console program -- can you explain that?
>
> Yes, I have no answer for this. It seems the same code on Linux and
> Windows doesn't do the same...

OK, I just wanted to confirm.  I built and tested bwx-console on Ubuntu, and
aside from its clunky appearance, it does seem to work.

We have previously seen differences between the behavior on Linux and Win32 --
I imagine it is due to the difficulties in trying to make one set of code
that interfaces identially on both X11 and Win32 ...

Concerning your other email response: OK, thanks -- that eliminates another
variable.   I still suggest submitting this as a bug, which makes it easier
for me to track (email messages tend to get lost or are hard to find), and
submitting a bug report guarantees that it will be resolved one way or
another.

I think the longer term solution will be for me to get Bat working on Win32 as
bwx-console is getting a bit old and has not been enhanced for a long
time ...