Re: [Bacula-devel] Bug report on wx-console win with bacula 2.2.8

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 14.20:12 Adam Cécile wrote:
> Hello Kern,
>
> I set up Bacula 2.2.8 a few days ago for a new customer and I
> experienced a bug with the wx-console win32. It seems the console
> doesn't parse well what bacula outputs when using the "restore tab".
>
> Could you please have a look and tell us if you are able to reproduce
> this issue ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Best regards, Adam.
>
> PS: Please find attached the original reported posted on bacula-users list.

Hello Adam,

From what is described in the attachement, I suspect the problem is that the
Win32 version of wxWidgets that we use is version 2.7 and the Debian version
is probably either 2.6 or 2.8.  The wxWidgets windows code has always had
more problems that the Linux code ...

Just at the moment, I don't have any easy means of running and testing on
Win32 (I will next week).  However, I have upgraded wxWidgets from 2.7 to the
very latest version and rebuilt a 2.2.8 Win32 release that you might want to
install and test. Please be sure to keep a copy of the version that you
currently have installed in case you need to revert ...

You can download this test release (it built cleanly, but I haven't run it)
from:

http://www.bacula.org/downloads/winbacula-2.2.8.exe

the signature file is at:

http://www.bacula.org/downloads/winbacula-2.2.8.exe.sig

If I am not mistaken, I don't permit directory listings of the downloads
directory, so you must directly reference the files.

Please let me know if this resolves your problems or not.  If it does not, I
can try to duplicate it early next week.