Re: [Bacula-devel] Plugins Work On Solaris

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 10.37:56 Allan Black wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Nice.  I *did* however change a couple of lines of code that were
> > probably causing a failure on Solaris when executing the unload plugin
> > code when none existed.
>
> Yes, I had noticed that bacula-dir and bacula-fd had stopped dumping core
> during regression testing.
>
> > Well, considering there is not yet any documentation, it seems you did
> > pretty well :-)
>
> "Use the source, Luke" :-)
>
> On a different note() {
>    That actually reminds me .... should patches, when submitted, be
>    accompanied by documentation patches? If so, how?
> }

Yes, it helps a *lot* to have a documentation patch at the same time. First,
it saves me a lot of work, second, it often helps explain what the patch
does.

One detail of submitting patches:  I prefer the code and the doc patches come
as separate files.  This makes it easier for me to apply them and possibly
back port them ...

A final detail of patches (for everyone): if you are submitting more than a
couple lines or you intend to submit multiple patches, please go to
www.bacula.org -> FSFE License, read, fill out two copies of the FLA, and
post them to the Zurich address, then send me an email.  This prevents any
delay applying your patch.  Once you have sent one it, it is good for two
years, so it is not something to be done every time ...

Thanks for testing the new code ... :-)