Re: [Bacula-devel] Plugins Work On Solaris

Hello Allan,

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 01.40:25 Allan Black wrote:
> .... what more can I say?
>
> I did not have to change a line of the source code, it just
> worked

Nice.  I *did* however change a couple of lines of code that were probably
causing a failure on Solaris when executing the unload plugin code when none
existed.

> (once I got the configuration sorted out and realised
> that the PluginDirectory was supposed to contain bpipe-fd.so
> and not /usr/mysql/bin/mysqldump - doh!)

Well, considering there is not yet any documentation, it seems you did pretty
well :-)

> FileSet {
>   Name = "MySQL:regress"
>   Include { Options { signature=MD5 }
>     Plugin = "bpipe:/@MYSQL/regress.sql:/usr/mysql/bin/mysqldump -f --opt
> -u root --databases regress:mysql" }
> }
>
> Can anyone tell me how to restore from this? Is it simply a
> question of blowing away the regress database, restoring
> /@MYSQL/regress.sql and using that to re-create the DB?

Well, it all depends on how you setup the "writer" program.  In the example
above you have "mysql" as the writer program, so it will simply recreate the
database ...  Note, if Bacula is currently using the database that you are
restoring, there will certainly be some problems.  In my test program, Bacula
was running sqlite but backing up and restoring a MySQL database.