Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] Interesting Software comparison site

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  You might be interested in checking out www.osalt.com.  It matches up well
>  known commercial software with Open Source alternatives, which is quite
>  interesting.  As you might imagine, Bacula is featured against Amanda in the
>  Open Software side and Veritas NetBackup on the commercial side.
>
>  See: http://www.osalt.com/bacula
>
>  and if you would like to rate Bacula, you might try:
>
>  http://www.osalt.com/bacula/comments
>
>  Best regards,
>
>  Kern
>
>  PS: Thanks to Brian Snipes who gave Bacula a five star rating :-)

Cool site. I was a Veritas Netbackup administrator for 3 years until
my two most recent employers use mostly open source and had small
budgets, so commercial was avoided where necessary. I picked Bacula
over Amanda due to the fact it's more like Netbackup, seems more
scalable, etc. I actually switched one employer from Amanda to Bacula.
It was easier for the non-backup administrators to understand over
Amanda and it was more suitable for their environment.

-Drew