Re: [Bacula-devel] libdbi backend to catalog database

Hello,

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 12.27:01 João Henrique Freitas wrote:
> Hello Kern
>
> >  OK, good luck.  I hope dbi has the capabilities we need for batch insert
> > -- I'm a bit worried that they won't have those kinds of more "advanced"
> > features ...
>
> Don't worry, libdbi has support to batch insert. Only specific
> functions for postgresql like copy functions, libdbi does not have
> support. And need be called in another way, but have solution.
>
> Now I test batch insert with Mysql and libdb. Half of the regression
> tests had successful.

Good -- that is progress.

> One doubt. Have any special magic to run valgrind with Bacula?

For the Director, you can set the environment variable VALGRIND=1, and the
start script (bin/bacula ...) will run the Director under VALGRIND.
Sometimes there are problems with getting the valgrind output because
VALGRIND expects the program to terminate, but Bacula is a daemon so it
doesn't normally terminate unless killed.

Regards,