Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula regression

On Friday 29 February 2008 16.59:25 Allan Black wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > I would appreciate it if everyone could try the latest SVN code.  In
> > general after pulling it down, you need to do a "make distclean" to get
> > it to synchronize correctly -- i.e. to start from scratch ...
>
> Much better .... ctest did everything that time, whereas before, I had to
> run make setup by hand first.
>
> A couple of things -
>
> I ran ctest twice (the first time I had forgotten to set LDFLAGS). The
> first time, it had to update from SVN and I got this:
>
> Determine Nightly Start Time
>    Specified time: 21:00:00 EST
> Problem determining the current revision of the repository from output:
>
> The second time, I was already up-to-date (of course), but I got this:
>
> Determine Nightly Start Time
>    Specified time: 21:00:00 EST
>    Old revision of repository is: 6523
>    Current revision of repository is: 6519
>    Gathering version information (each . represents one updated file):
>    Project is up-to-date
>
> .... which looks better, but I cannot understand the revision numbers!

Yes, I have seen that too.  I'm not worrying about it for the moment, but am
sure we will eventually figure it out.

> Also, should I still be using '-D Nightly', or should it now be
> '-D Experimental'?

I think Frank already responded to this, but here it goes: use Nightly if you
are testing from the SVN.  If you are testing a patch (your own or someone
else's) please use Experimental.  It keeps us from getting too worried if
there are errors in a patch ...