[Bacula-devel] [Fwd: Re: bacula : about the bacula.spec form rpms]

FYI this offline conversation...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Scott Barninger <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: bacula : about the bacula.spec form rpms
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 06:55:49 -0500

Hello Bruno,

I will look at implementing this.

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 11:55 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> With an increasing number of customers using bacula, I'm really interesting into one or two piece of change in the bacula spec.
>
> The only real annoying thing is that script_dir is hardcoded to the /etc/bacula which is the old "wrong" debian way to put script.
>
> Normally I think  it's place should be under /usr/lib(64)/bacula ?

Yes, there was some discussion of this back when we changed directory
locations for FHS compatibility. /etc/bacula  isn't really "correct"
just traditional for bacula.

> I've made some try yesterday, modifing the bacula.spec. And it would be quiet easy to had a build_script define that can change
> with the configure.

Yes it would be relatively easy for me to add a build time switch to
alter that location. Having a "build_fhs" define could cause it to be
set to %_libdir/bacula.

> I understand that would break old install. I'm looking a way to prepare futur and new installation.
>
> Perharps I should prepare my own packapes branch to avoid conflict, did you have a trick to add for example a -ioda(0-9) extra
> release tag (I'm a bit new to rpmbuild :-) )

I recommend not messing with the release tag. It was only ever meant to
be a number. rpm would interpret -b1 as "newer" than -a5.

> I've the habit to use also this option during configure :
>

> ./configure  		\
>   --prefix=/					\
>   --exec-prefix=/usr				\
>   --sbindir=/usr/sbin 				\
>   --sysconfdir=/etc/bacula			\
>   --libexecdir=/usr/lib64/bacula		\
>   --datadir=/usr/share/bacula			\
>   --with-working-dir=/var/lib/bacula		\
>   --with-scriptdir=/usr/lib64/bacula		\
>   --with-pid-dir=/var/run/bacula		\
>   --with-subsys-dir=/var/run/bacula		\
>   --enable-ipv6			\
>   --enable-largefile		\
>   --enable-smartalloc		\
>   --with-gnu-ld         	\
>   --enable-conio		\
>   --with-libiconv-prefix	\
>   --with-libintl-prefix		\
>   --with-gettext		\
>   --with-tcp-wrappers		\
>   --with-dir-user=bacula	\
>   --with-dir-group=bacula	\
>   --with-sd-user=bacula		\
>   --with-sd-group=bacula	\
>   --with-fd-user=root		\
>   --with-fd-group=bacula	\
>   --with-sbin-perm=0754		\
>   --with-dump-email=admin_topd@xxxxxxx	\
>   --with-job-email=admin_topd@xxxxxxx	\

This should be easy too.

>   --with-smtp-host=exchange.ultim.ch		\
>   --with-x		\
>   --with-python		\
>   --with-openssl	\
>   --with-mysql 		\
>   --enable-build-dird	\
>   --enable-build-stored	\
>   --disable-batch-insert \
>
> and I usually place some gcc optimisation corresponding to the arch of the cpu
> something like that

This is possible too. But if you use it you must be complete because it
will cause rpmbuild not to read the default macros.