Re: [Bacula-devel] resetting volume status

Hi,

26.04.2008 14:54, Scott Barninger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently noticed a problem and perhaps I just didn't know the best way
> to correct it, but thought I'd send this out. I'm still running 2.2.7 on
> EL3. Strange thing happened with the filesystem, I was out a few days
> this week and returned to find all jobs in error status due to being
> unable to access the file storage media. Quick check of ls on the
> directory showed no files but df showed space used. When I tried to
> unmount the partition it refused because it was "busy". After rebooting
> the system everything was OK, all volume files were back,

To me, that sounds like a kernel/filesystem bug. I never experienced
that, by the way.

> and I ran all
> backup jobs OK.
>
> Now I was left with one volume with status labeled Error. So how to
> change that from Error to Full? I ended up hitting the catalog table
> directly to change this. Or did I miss a console command somewhere?

Yup... 'update volume=...' would be a good way.

> As a side note on bat, after changing the volume status I had to quit
> and restart bat for it to show the status change.

As far as I recall, if you change the volume status through bat it
updates the status correctly.

Doing things behind its back is more difficult... assuming there can
be several people working with the catalog at the same time, a context
menu item to update the data would seem a good idea. And I haven't
checked if that already exists, by the way.

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de