Re: [Bacula-devel] commit failed with authorization failure

Hello Thomas,

On Friday 04 April 2008 11:20:46 Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>

> currently (~ since Wednesday ?) i
> can't commit any changes to the svn (Username ld130),
>
> all i get is this error:
> > svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> > svn: MKACTIVITY of
> > '/svnroot/bacula/!svn/act/e83d5129-3f78-4186-8a07-4c8b220ee0f3':
> > authorization failed (https://bacula.svn.sourceforge.net)
>
> is this a common problem or is only my account affected?

There may be some temporary problem, but I have committed several times this
morning.

I recently had a similar problem, and it turned out to be that Source Forge
had expired my password -- a bit of a surprise!  If I remember right, I had
to log into the main SF site and change it there, then I had to manually
enter the new password on my next SVN commit.

I just checked your SF status as a "member" of the Bacula project and
everything seems to be perfectly in order for having write permission to the
SVN.

If that does not help, please let me know and please file a trouble report
with Source Forge (they won't let me do it for you).  Don't hesitate to send
me a patch. I will apply it and any others until we get this problem cleared
up.

PS: I'm copying the developer's list just in case this happens to others.