Re: [Bacula-devel] "Jobs run since started." bug?

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 12:57:55 Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bacula 2.2.8.
>
> Please try this:
>
> ~# watch "echo stat dir|bconsole"
>
> ... and watch the "XXX Jobs run since started." in the second line
> of the output. It is being increased by every "stat dir".
>
> For example here, the last job that run was job with id 236. And
> stat dir shows:
>
> stat dir
> nas-dir Version: 2.2.8 (26 January 2008) i486-pc-linux-gnu debian
> lenny/sid
> Daemon started 01-Apr-08 22:36, 1487 Jobs run since started.
>  Heap: heap=413,696 smbytes=151,362 max_bytes=251,110 bufs=610
> max_bufs=1,464
>

> I think this has been reported by someone else some time ago, not?
> Just wanted to post it here to note that it still exists.
> (And I could not find anything in the bug database).
>
> Should I open a bugreport there?

It is not really a bug.  Every status (console) connection to any of the
daemons is a "job", so it increments the count of jobs.

I could imagine that one might want the count to indicate only backup,
restore, verify, ... jobs rather than console jobs, but if we are going to
make that change, I would prefer to have it discussed on the bacula-users
list and get a bit of feedback before making any decision or change.