Re: [Bacula-devel] Online docs - out of date?

On Thursday 31 July 2008 15:57:09 Dan Langille wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 July 2008 15:34:23 Dan Langille wrote:
> >> Are the online does out of date?  I ask http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-
> >> manual/index.html shows:
> >>
> >>      "This manual documents Bacula version 2.2.8 (26 January 2008)"
> >>
> >> Kern: Let's take away some of your work.  I'm sure we can find
> >> someone to make sure the online docs are refreshed with each release
> >
> > Yes, thanks for reporting this.
> >
> >> Also: I think it would be good to keep each release docs online in
> >> HTML format.
> >
> > Yes, that is something I have wanted to see for some time, but it
> > will require
> > a volunteer as it requires tweaking html and links in addition to
> > uploading
> > the documents ...
> >
> >> If Kern agrees to do less work, any volunteers to do this?  Sorry,
> >> not me.  I'm just the messenger.  ;)
> >
> > Yes, it would be nice to have someone take over maintenance of the
> > web site,
> > or even part of it.
>
> I will ask on the Users mailing list.
>
> What skills/tools will be involved?

Well, there is no simple answer to that.  Basically I currently use sftp to
upload the files, so the minimum is knowing what files need uploading, where
to find the originals or how to build them, and where to put them.  Then if
this person is to do things like maintaining multiple versions, it will
require knowing a bit about php (very little) and a good knowledge of html
markup, and svn.