Re: [Bacula-devel] feature request

> > That Bacula be modified to enable the simultaneous use of multiple
tape
> > drives, either as a bunch of freestanding units or as multiple
drives in
> > an autochanger.
> > [snip]
> > A device pool maybe?
>
> Technically I don't know how to do this project.

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/RAIT_Device

might be one way. The RAIT code they're using was developed at LLNL, and
is GPL-friendly, I believe.

The separate manual drive approach would work with this, or you could
simply treat them as 1 drive autochangers and implement a script
extension for 'mtx load' to issue operator messages on those drives
rather than drive an actual autochanger. Ugly, but it would work.