Re: [Bacula-devel] Feature Request: Store and restore extended attributes , especially on ext3

Hello Nick,

This is an important project, but it did not make it to the top of the last
list (perhaps it wasn't submitted at the time of the vote -- I forget).
The project is rather simple in terms of Bacula projects, and I will be happy
to provide pointers if you plan to implement it.

A few recommendations:
- Go to www.bacula.org -> FSFE License, read the instructions, print out two
copies, fill them in, and send it to the Zurich office, then notify me by
email.  The FSFE needs this license from all people submitting more than a
couple of lines of code ...

- Be sure to read the programming style comments in the Developer's manual.

- We much prefer a "svn diff" for the patch based on the current trunk.  We
can back port it to 2.4.x if necessary ...

- Please look at the regression tests in the regress part of the svn
repository.  Before putting new code like this into production, we need at
least one regression tests.