Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula Windows Client 64bit build.

> 1.            We use Bacula series 1.39 and understand that it supports
> taking builds targeting 64 bit linux machines.
>
> But in the code at many places we can see poiners, size_t  assigned to
> int datatypes..
>
> How can we say that this won't create any problems?

Version 1.39 is very old, so you should check in the latest version first to
see if it has been fixed.

If it is still a problem, please give examples of each type of assignment
(file name and line number).

> 2.            Does anything need to be considered  to take Bacula Client
> only build targeting 64 bit architectures?
>
> We want a bacula client running as a native 64 bit application rather than
> as a legacy 32 bit application on Windows Server 2003 (or any other 64 bit
> windows OS)?

The obvious question is why?  Bacula client doesn't usually need much memory.

The main problem is that Win32 bacula is usually cross compiled using mingw,
but I think that doesn't support 64bit yet.

__Martin