Re: [Bacula-devel] Certificate Revocation Lists

On Jul 26, 2008, at 2:55 AM, Hanno Stock wrote:

Hello Bacula Developers / Users,

is there a way to use Certfificate Revocation Lists in Bacula with TLS
support? Or is there any such feature planned?

I think this is important in a bigger deployment.

The feature is not currently supported, but if you are interested in adding it, take a look at new_tls_context() in src/lib/tls.c.

I believe it should be sufficient to fetch the backing X.509 store using SSL_CTX_get_cert_store(), and load the CRL list(s) with X509_load_crl_file(), and enable CRL checking with X509_V_FLAG_CRL_CHECK | X509_V_FLAG_CRL_CHECK_ALL.

This is only supported in OpenSSL 0.9.7 or later.

-landonf