Re: [Bacula-devel] Windows backup / Linux bare-metal restore

Alexandre Boily <alexandreboily <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I do use the VSS features of Bacula. Maybe the calls to "SetACL.exe" are
> superfluous...

Hello everybody and sorry for reviving what seems to be a dead thread,

Indeed, SetACL and NTBackup are now unnecessary. I removed many long and
troublesome steps from my method.

With a base Windows installation, and Bacula up and running, I am able to bscan
my tapes and recover a complete system.

I know running bscan takes a long time, but I had to test it to ensure that
recovery is possible, even with a fresh new catalog and no SQL dump.

By the way, I discovered the "update" command in the console, to set the
volumes' status back to "Append".

The project's next stages will take place in September, so for the time being I
will remain silent; maybe I will write occasional replies.

Regards,
Alexandre Boily