[Bacula-devel] Security reports

This post deals with old and already fixed security issues.  They are
fixed in Bacula.  They may not be fixed in the reported vendor code, in
this case Gentoo.

I noticed these two security reports today:

  http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/494604
  http://www.net-security.org/advisory.php?id=9098

I have replied to the first one, directing them to the original problem
report: http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=990

NOTE: this issue was first documented in 2005 by the Bacula project.
The documentation contains several examples as to how to avoid this
situation.