Re: [Bacula-devel] concurrent multidrive use

Hello,

We generally do not supply support help on this list, but I will give a few
tips ...

Bacula has been able to write to multiple drives simultaneously for a very
long time now -- many years and many versions.

The simplest way to do it is to use different pools for each job.

A not so satisfactory way of doing it is to use "Prefer Mounted Volumes = no".
I don't recommend this as it leads to many operational problems.

In general, if you are backing up raid disks, you should be able to tune your
hardware so that it will write approximately 150 MB/sec with Bacula to an
LTO3 drive, and so splitting jobs is not generally necessary.  Getting your
hardware tuned to run at those speeds is not easy and requires professional
help.