Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume

On Friday 04 July 2008 13:05:08 Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 04.07.2008 11:08, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On Friday 04 July 2008 10:50:52 Arno Lehmann wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Well, we have discussed this issue at -users and I recommended to ask
> >> here :-)
> >>
> >> The Bacula version running is 2.4.1b1, upgraded from 2.4.0.
> >>
> >> With 2.4.0, no problems.
> >>
> >> After the upgrade the mentioned problem arose.
> >>
> >> I trim the report below a bit to better show what I think is
> >> problematic.
> >>
> >> Without further checking, I got the impression that the volume
> >> selection / reservation seems to be involved - and I believe you did
> >> some work there.
> >>
> >> My conclusion: Looks like a new "feature" of the reworked SD code, and
> >> you might prefer to know about it before releasing a 2.4.2 based on
> >> this version...

> >> Assuming Nils didn't manually modify the catalog, Bacula itself lost
> >> the slot numbers :-)

> This seems to indicate it's a backup job he's running, not a restore.
> If a restore triggered recycling of the volume it's going to use we're
> in deep trouble ;-)
>
> > The

> >>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> Bacula knew about the slot.

> >> All the information needed is there - CNV762 is in DLT-Drive-1,
> >> DLT-Drive-1 wants this volume.
> >>
> >> Arno
> >
> > Oh, I forgot to mention one thing.  Using a /dev/st0 with an autochanger
> > is very likely to get you into trouble.
>
> I overlooked this... right.
>
> But directly after a volume is loaded it shouldn't matter much, I
> believe :-)

Yes, I agree completely.  However, I have to work from what I can verify,  but
I don't see see any "output" that indicates what Volume is in the drive other
than Bacula claims it it is not a Bacula volume and that was from slot 2.