Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume

Hi,

04.07.2008 11:08, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Friday 04 July 2008 10:50:52 Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 04.07.2008 10:27, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>>> If you are new to Bacula and/or you are having support problems, you will
>>> probably get much better answers from the bacula-users list.  See
>>> www.bacula.org -> Support.  The bacula-devel list is specifically for
>>> development issues or issues that are clearly known to be a beta problem.
>> Well, we have discussed this issue at -users and I recommended to ask
>> here :-)
>>
>> The Bacula version running is 2.4.1b1, upgraded from 2.4.0.
>>
>> With 2.4.0, no problems.
>>
>> After the upgrade the mentioned problem arose.
>>
>> I trim the report below a bit to better show what I think is problematic.
>>
>> Without further checking, I got the impression that the volume
>> selection / reservation seems to be involved - and I believe you did
>> some work there.
>>
>> My conclusion: Looks like a new "feature" of the reworked SD code, and
>> you might prefer to know about it before releasing a 2.4.2 based on
>> this version...
>>
>>> However, be aware that the information you sent is not complete enough
>>> for them to give a good answer.  I suspect that you either lost or forgot
>>> to define the slot numbers in the catalog.
>> Assuming Nils didn't manually modify the catalog, Bacula itself lost
>> the slot numbers :-)
>>
>>>  Since your volume listing is
>>> clipped, I cannot confirm it.
>>>
>>> Thanks for trying the beta version -- good luck on getting it going.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Kern

This seems to indicate it's a backup job he's running, not a restore.
If a restore triggered recycling of the volume it's going to use we're
in deep trouble ;-)

> The
>>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Bacula knew about the slot.

>> All the information needed is there - CNV762 is in DLT-Drive-1,
>> DLT-Drive-1 wants this volume.
>>
>> Arno
>
> Oh, I forgot to mention one thing.  Using a /dev/st0 with an autochanger is
> very likely to get you into trouble.

I overlooked this... right.

But directly after a volume is loaded it shouldn't matter much, I
believe :-)

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann