Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume

Hi,

04.07.2008 10:27, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> If you are new to Bacula and/or you are having support problems, you will
> probably get much better answers from the bacula-users list.  See
> www.bacula.org -> Support.  The bacula-devel list is specifically for
> development issues or issues that are clearly known to be a beta problem.

Well, we have discussed this issue at -users and I recommended to ask
here :-)

The Bacula version running is 2.4.1b1, upgraded from 2.4.0.

With 2.4.0, no problems.

After the upgrade the mentioned problem arose.

I trim the report below a bit to better show what I think is problematic.

Without further checking, I got the impression that the volume
selection / reservation seems to be involved - and I believe you did
some work there.

My conclusion: Looks like a new "feature" of the reworked SD code, and
you might prefer to know about it before releasing a 2.4.2 based on
this version...

> However, be aware that the information you sent is not complete enough for
> them to give a good answer.  I suspect that you either lost or forgot to
> define the slot numbers in the catalog.

Assuming Nils didn't manually modify the catalog, Bacula itself lost
the slot numbers :-)

>  Since your volume listing is
> clipped, I cannot confirm it.
>
> Thanks for trying the beta version -- good luck on getting it going.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern
>
> On Friday 04 July 2008 09:49:11 Nils Blanck-Wehde wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Bacula started a job that's supposed to be stored on tape, chose exactly
>> the right volume "CNV762" from the pool, purged and recycled it. The
>> tape was even loaded correctly from the right slot into the drive.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bacula knew about the slot.

>> Here's *list volumes of that pool:
>> |      28 | CNV762     | Recycle   |       1 |             1 |        0
>> |       10,800 |
>> |      29 | CNV763     | Used      |       1 | 3,982,261,248 |        4
>> |       10,800 |
>> |      30 | CNV764     | Used      |       1 | 3,545,837,568 |        4
>> |       10,800 |
>> |      43 | CNV761     | Used      |       1 | 3,982,841,856 |        4
>> |        3,600 |
>>
>> +---------+------------+-----------+---------+---------------+----------+--
>>
>> Now, the job is waiting for the right volume to be mounted, which is
>> already in the drive.
>> The storage-device's status is:
>>
>> Device status:
>> Autochanger "QS3DLT" with devices:
>>   "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/st0)
>> Device "FileStorage_SATA-RAID1-MD1" (/var/bacula/File-Storage) is not open.
>> Device "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/st0) open but no Bacula volume is currently
>> mounted.
>>    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "CNV762",
>>       Pool:        Weekly_Full_Backup_to_DLT
>>       Media type:  DLT-VS1
>>    Slot 2 is loaded in drive 0.
>>    Total Bytes Read=322,560 Blocks Read=5 Bytes/block=64,512
>>    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
>> Device "DVD Writer" (/dev/hda) is not open.
>> ====
>>
>> In Use Volume status:
>> CNV762 on device "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/st0)
>>    Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=1

All the information needed is there - CNV762 is in DLT-Drive-1,
DLT-Drive-1 wants this volume.

Arno
--
Arno Lehmann