Re: [Bacula-devel] Permission problems when accessing autochanger on 2.4.1b1

On Thursday 03 July 2008 07:59:58 Nils Blanck-Wehde wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I just found the source of my autochanger problems. The installation of
> 2.4.1.b1 made a backup of the mtx-changer script located (on my system)
> at /usr/lib/bacula as mtx-changer.old and copied over the new one. Yet,
> the file permissions were not set correctly, the new mtx-changer script
> was owned by root:root instead of root:disk.
>
> I changed that and anything is working now.

Thanks for the feedback.

> I am not sure whether this is a bug in make install or whether I
> misconfigured bacula.

It would be hard to call this a bug, because "make install" by default
installs everything with the uid:gid that you are using when you run the make
install.  It does not create uid or gids nor change any uids or gids as
packages do, mainly because it is a "generic" install.

I suspect that your old mtx-changer script was installed by rpm or deb or you
changed the permissions yourself.  If you had rebuilt an rpm or a deb, it
probably would have done it "right".

This is something that probably should be added as a note to the manual.

Regards,

Kern