Re: [Bacula-devel] Permission problems when accessing autochanger on 2.4.1b1

Hello!

I just found the source of my autochanger problems. The installation of 2.4.1.b1 made a backup of the mtx-changer script located (on my system) at /usr/lib/bacula as mtx-changer.old and copied over the new one. Yet, the file permissions were not set correctly, the new mtx-changer script was owned by root:root instead of root:disk.

I changed that and anything is working now.

I am not sure whether this is a bug in make install or whether I misconfigured bacula.

Best regards, Nils

Nils Blanck-Wehde schrieb:
Hello,

after upgrading to 2.4.1b1 I have not been able to access the autochanger (Quantum Superloader 3 DLT). Everything else seems to be working quite fine.
Mounting the autochanger from bconsole results in:
*mount
The defined Storage resources are:
    1: File
    2: QS3DLT
    3: DVD
Select Storage resource (1-3): 2
Enter autochanger slot: 1
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3991 Bad autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command: ERR=Keine Berechtigung.
Results=
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3991 Bad autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command: ERR=Keine Berechtigung.
Results=
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0" command.
3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0": ERR=Keine Berechtigung.
Results=
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3991 Bad autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command: ERR=Keine Berechtigung.
Results=
3901 Unable to open device "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/nst0): ERR=dev.c:432 Unable to open device "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/nst0): ERR=Kein Medium gefunden

It does not seem a general permission problem with the user "bacula" and the autochanger because
   su - bacula
   mtx transfer 1 0
works just fine.

I checked "top", bacula-sd runs as user bacula.
Still there are obvious permission problems. BTW: "Keine Berechtigung" means "No Permission". Don't ask me why this message is in german, nothing else on my system is...

I would be VERY glad if anyone could point me into the right direction.

--
BOS-Signatur Signatur

BackOfficeService - Beratung und Service für Ihre IT -

Anschrift:

Niederkastenholzer Str. 40

53881 Euskirchen

Telefon:   +49 2255 953204