Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] Bacula BETA 2.4.1-b1 released to Source Forge

Yes, you have been screwed by the GNU g++ enforcement police, which IMO is in
the process of destroying the C++ language -- at the minimum they are making
it so that millions of lines of code need to be needlessly changed.
I believe we are in for a lot of these kind of problems in the future.

You are probably running on a newer g++.   If you are on something newer than
g++ 4.2.3 I suggest you revert to an older version of the compiler or hope
that there is a newer version of python that has a more "correct" prototype
that corresponds to the rigid standards of g++.

In desperation, you can remove the "const" from "const char *fmt" on line 75
of src/filed/pythonfd.c.   However, you will probably need to make the same
change for the director, storage daemon, and the library versions of
pythonxx.c as well.

There is probably some option for g++ that inhibits this behavior, but since
they now have 50 zillion compiler options, I have stopped trying to read
their documentation.