Re: [Bacula-devel] projects : "Item 8: Implement Copy pools"

Hello,

I would suggest you rewrite this as I do not understand it.  Please state the
objective, and be *very* careful with the terminology or use longer
explanations.  See examples below

On Sunday 31 August 2008 23:31:05 Yuri Timofeev wrote:
> Hi
>
> File projects : "Item 8: Implement Copy pools"
>
> As I understand it, it will affect a lot of source code.
> I would suggest the following (perhaps temporary) solution.
>
> 1. Launch Job, all data are written in the usual temporary pool

What is the "usual temporary pool"?  We don't have any temporary pools.  Do
you mean a SD spool file?

> 2. Then from the same pool of temporary data are written to the tape
> (in a subordinate Job):
>
> Job {
>    SpoolData = yes
>    Run = "dependent.tape.job"
> }

If you are then trying to write a spool file to tape, I don't think there is
enough info.

> Make such an arrangement would be much easier.
> Ability to archive critical data to disk and at the same time to tape
> -- it is will already solutions for the enterprise.

In version 3.0.0, there is now a new feature similar to Migration which is a
Copy job, that probably does what you are suggesting.  You can first backup a
job to disk, then run a copy job on the previous one and copy it either to
another disk Volume or to a Tape Volume.

Regards,