[Bacula-devel] bacula ACL restore errors when replace=never

Hi,

I am writing to devel and users lists, as I suspect a veeeeeeery strange bug
somewhere :)

My setup:
- Bacula svn trunk, currently named 2.5.3
- Linux 2.6.16, glibc 2.3.5 ("Home brew")
- Problem also visible when fd is Linux 2.6.25, glibc 2.8 (openSUSE 11.0)
- File system contains quite a number of files/dirs with ACLs set

My problem:
When restoring with "replace=never", but with an EMPTY (!) target directory
("where"), I get error messages during restore:
25-Aug 15:31 bilbobox4-fd JobId 1331: Error: acl.c:272 acl_set_file error on
file "/restoredir/restorefile": ERR=Permission denied

... and in fact, the ACLs are not set correctly. My fd is running as "root",
so I absolutely do not see a point in "Permission denied" (although I traced
the error code back to the acl_set_file() call in acl.c - the message is
correct). The file whose ACLs are to be set does exist at that point in time.

When using "replace=always", everything works fine (!).

replace=ifnewer/ifolder result in "strange" events also, but I have not yet
fully tracked that down.

If the files the restore would write do in fact resist (e.g. by running the
restore job twice), the error message is instead:
25-Aug 15:33 bilbobox4-fd JobId 1332: Error: acl.c:272 acl_set_file error on
file "": ERR=No such file or directory
with an empty file name. In this case, bacula-fd should bail out /before/
trying to set the ACLs (and possibly other meta data it is not expected to
overwrite).

Can you either confirm my experiences, or the opposite (i.e. you do not see
the problem)? I'll be glad to share more info/log files if needed.

Thx & best regards
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ "If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a
\  lot of different places, just write a Unix operating system."
\          Linus Torvalds