Re: [Bacula-devel] Trying out the VirtualFull feature.

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 10:06:26 Graham Keeling wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 09:48:33PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> > > I was getting that problem too, when I was allowing multiple backups to
> > > go into each volume.
> >
> > Hmm. The bug I found has nothing to do with multiple backups but is
> > caused by switching drives while reading, which happens because the
> > Storage definition is not totally correct, possibly because I was using
> > two different Media Types.
> >
> > So if you can reproduce the problem without reading (i.e. no VirtualFull
> > and no Migration), I would like to know more about this problem.
>
> Sorry, I meant that I was getting the 'NULL volume name' when I was trying
> to do a VirtualFull on multiple backups in a single volume.

Ah, OK. That is surely exactly the problem I found.  Unfortunately, I have
been on the road a *lot* more than normal so have not completed testing of my
fix -- if not today, I will do it next Monday.

I think the online 2.5.x manual now has a *very* preliminary introduction to
Virtual Backup in the New Features chapter at the beginning of the Concepts
document.