Re: [Bacula-devel] Trying out the VirtualFull feature.

Hello again,

I think I said something stupid (incorrect) in my last response.  Please see
below:

On Thursday 14 August 2008 21:39:54 Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thursday 14 August 2008 16:00:44 Graham Keeling wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 06:34:59PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > > Start with something far simpler.  It looks like you are writing to
> > > multiple pools, and maybe that is creating problems.
> >
> > OK, I've made my configuration simpler. It is now as follows, but I'm
> > still getting the same problem with the vbackup not including the
> > incremental.
> >
> > Storage {
> >   Name = "C"		# 'C' for Consolid pool
> >   Address = "192.168.100.121"
> >   SDPort = 9103
> >   Password = "password"
> >   Device = 0.1
> >   Media Type = File
> > }
> >
> > Storage {
> >   Name = "N"		# 'N' for Normal pool
> >   Address = "192.168.100.121"
> >   SDPort = 9103
> >   Password = "password"
> >   Device = 0.0
> >   Media Type = File
> > }
> >
> > Pool {
> >   Name = "Consolid"
> >   Pool Type = Backup
> >   Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
> >   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
> >   Volume Retention = 1 week
> >   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
> >   Label Format = backup-
> >   Maximum Volumes = 0     # unlimited
> >   RecyclePool = Scratch
> >   Storage = "C"
> > }
> >
> > Pool {
> >   Name = "Normal"
> >   Pool Type = Backup
> >   Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
> >   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
> >   Volume Retention = 1 week
> >   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
> >   Label Format = backup-
> >   Maximum Volumes = 0     # unlimited
> >   RecyclePool = Scratch
> >   Next Pool = "Consolid"
> >   Storage = "N"
> > }
> >
> > Job {
> >   Name = "ABC"
> >   Type = Backup
> >   Schedule = "ABC"
> >   Messages = Standard
> >   Pool = "Normal"
> >   Client = "ABC-fd"
> >   FileSet = "ABC"
> >   Storage = "N"
> >   Accurate = yes
> > }
>
> Yes, thanks for simplifying it.  Right off, I can say that I don't think
> the above will work because you are dealing with two "different" storage
> daemons, and Bacula doesn't know how to deal with that situation.  It
> cannot read from one and write to another one.  They must be the same
> storage daemon, which means they both must be defined in the same Storage
> resource.

Duh!  Contrary to what I wrote, there must be two different Storage resource
definitions as you have.  One is used for Input, and the other is used for
output.  So off hand, I am not sure there is anything wrong with your above
definition.

Sorry for my confusion.  I'll look at this in more detail today to see if I
can figure out what is going wrong.