Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula Windows Client 64bit build.

I thought 32bit client could use VSS features on 64 bit Windows machines
using wow64.
Thanks for the msdn link.

Yesterday 64bit client was tested on 64 bit windows server 2008, VSS was
found to be working fine.

I used visual studio for taking the 64 bit build. Bacula client
dependencies like zlib, openssl, pthread etc were also rebuilt for 64
bit architecture.

Tried using 64 bit cross compiler mingw-w64 for building bacula client
for 64 bit windows. But dropped the plan since my linux machine broke
while forcing glibc. :-)

So again reverted to Visual Studio 2005 for taking the 64 bit build.

Bacula.def was modified to address the changed mangled names.

vssgeneric file was modified to address the new mangled name of function
in 64bit vssapi.dll

some preprocessors were modified for compilation.

Manifest file for 64 bit was added to pick up the correct CRT.

This native 64 bit client was tested on windows server 2008-64 and
windows vista-64 and was found to be working fine.
VSS feature was also tested.

64 bit build of bacula windows client should be looked into since 32 bit
bacula client on 64 bit windows wont be able to use the VSS feature.

Regards,
Riyas