Re: [Bacula-devel] Presentation

On Thursday 07 August 2008 18:37:49 Dirk Bartley wrote:
> Greetings Kern
>
> I see there are presentations that have been given available as pdf's.
> I'm planning on attending http://barcampgr.org/wiki/BarCampGrandRapids3
>
> >From what I can tell, all presentations are scheduled after arrival.
>
> The thought was to possibly schedule a presentation to discuss bacula.
> I'm wondering if it would be appropriate for me to use the existent
> materials as a starting point?  Would it be possible to get a
> presentation in impress or ppt format to maybe do some slight
> modifying??  I just wanted to add a little information of why I was
> looking for an application for backing up, how I got involved and why I
> choose bacula.

Yes, of course, all the presentations can more or less be freely used by
anyone.  I think I have posted all the pdf's of the presentations that I have
given -- they are all quite similar with a few modifications over time.

All of them were written with OpenOffice, and are extremely easy to run as a
slide show on a computer.  It may even be possible to export them to ppt
format, but I have never tried that.

If you would like one or more of the original OO files, just let me know.

The only thing I ask is that as I did, you give credits where due, and if you
make any significant improvements, it is not mandatory, but it would be
really nice to have them contributed to our collection.

PS: your timing was really good in fixing the Bat busy problems in
Branch-2.4 :-)