Re: [Bacula-devel] Possible hosting Bacula on Launchpad

Frank Sweetser <fs@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Translations: looks *very* nice.  In particular, the friendly web
> interface makes it look like a good way to let people contribute
> without digging into C++.

unfortunately, it interoperates very badly with other tools, so it
forces all translators to use the very inefficient web interface.  not
recommended, it's much better to stick to a dedicated po file editor.

> Bazaar: switching over to this should enable much more flexible work
> flows, especially with multiple programmers.  The ability to take a
> given changeset and trivially apply to another branch is also very
> nice for things like backporting fixes.

I have no experience with Bazaar myself, but everyone seems to be
saying that Bazaar, Mercurial and Git are all equally good, so run
with it.  a couple of links with comparisons:

  http://www.slideshare.net/tednaleid/dvcs-with-mercurial-no-notes
  http://www.infoq.com/articles/dvcs-guide

--
best regards,