[Bacula-devel] Bacula on Windows Vista / Winodws Server 2008

Dear all,

In Windows vista and Windows Server 2008, system services cannot interact with the desktop.

http://blogs.technet.com/voy/archive/2007/02/23/services-isolation-in-session-0-of-windows-vista-and-longhorn-server.aspx

So when we install the bacula in machines running these OSs, we won’t be able to get the tray icon or the status dialog.

This problem occurs only if it is run as a system service. If it is run in some user context, we will get the tray icon and status dialog.

Since Bacula client is meant to run on all windows machines, we may need to bypass this limitation.

Regards,

Riyas