[Bacula-devel] libdbi backend to catalog database

Hello,

This is a status report of the work to implement libdbi in Bacula.

In my tests *All regression tests running*. Now I fix some things
after post the code here.

I have a design problem:

The libdbi API need know what dbms we want to use and load the correct
driver. For exemple mysql, pgsql, sqlite3, etc...

Actually, in mysql.c, postgresql.c and dbi.c the scope of funcion
db_init_database is:

 B_DB *
db_init_database(JCR *jcr, const char *db_name, const char *db_user,
const char *db_password,
                 const char *db_address, int db_port, const char *db_socket,
                 int mult_db_connections)

Is possible to add one more argument like char *db_type, this indicate
what driver libdbi will use?. So Bacula uses db_init_database  in
various places... and need to change them too.

OR

The argument char *db_name would be: mysql:bacula where mysql indicate
a driver to libdbi and bacula is the name of database.

Like this in bacula-dir.conf:

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport = 5432; dbname = "mysql:bacula"; user
= bacula; password = "bacula"
}

On db_init_database, we split db_name and everything will be done
right without change in others places of the code.

I don't want to change others places of Bacula. What is the best solution?

Thanks