Re: [Bacula-devel] New website layout

* Kern Sibbald schrieb am 29.01.08 um 21:46 Uhr:
> Thanks.  I think I have fixed all the links on the English, French, and German
> pages, but there were a lot of them.
>
> Concerning the rewrite rules: I've already spent too much time on this, and to
> get it right will probably take a good deal more time, so for the moment I'll
> let the chips fall where they may.
>
> If you or someone else can sent me something that you are 99.9% sure will work
> without breaking anything, I'll give it a try.
>
> Thanks for pointing out the problems.  Can someone remind me of name of the
> program that checks all the links on a site?  Given the number of changes, I
> think it would be worth pointing at www.bacula.org ...

Hi Kern,

Her are some more invalid links:

Result:

Why is there a complete Apache 2.2 manual on the page?
-> /manual/

Valid links: 1083
Invalid links: 19
Links with bad syntax: 3

See details here: http://linuxcc.de/bacula/

I used gurlchecker to test www.bacula.org.
http://gurlchecker.labs.libre-entreprise.org/
(I filtered /manual/ which has many invalid links)

Please ask me again when to rerun the check after invalid links
should be fixed.

-Marc

> Best regards,
>
> Kern
>

> On Tuesday 29 January 2008 14.11:36 Dan Langille wrote:
> > See attached.
> >
> > In brief: the following links are broken:
> >
> > Bacula-web Guide
> >
> > All the 'New' links at the bottom of the page
> >
> > Search engines will be driving people to the old pages.  I can come up
> > with some Apache rewrites which will push people to the new locations.
> >
> > For example: /rel-manual/ will become /en/rel-manual/ etc.  This is
> > pretty easy to do.  It is also The Right Thing To Do on a permanent
> > basis.  It allows links from other websites to continue working, thereby
> > improving the experience for Bacula users, especially those new to the
> > project.
> >
> > I think this will work:
> >
> >    <Directory  /path/to/your/DocumentRoot>
> >        RewriteEngine   on
> >        RewriteBase /
> >
> >        RewriteRule ^/rel-manual/(.*)$ /en/rel-manual/$1 [S=1,R=permanent]
> >    </Directory>
> >
> > I have not tested this.

begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter
end