Re: [Bacula-devel] Idea: "Flexibly scheduled" jobs

Hi Phil,

* [22.01.08 20:07]:
> I think if I were implementing a feature like that, I'd do it via a Retry directive which would have
> two arguments: retry interval, and maximum number of retries before failing the job altogether.  The
> directive would be usable within a Job or JobDefs record.
>
> With such a feature, suppose I have a client 'foo' which may well have been shut down before the time
> comes for it to be backed up, but which has wake-on-LAN enabled.  I could modify its Job definition
> like this:
>
> Job {
>   Name = "Foo Save"
>   JobDefs = Backup
>   Client = foo
>   FileSet = "Foo Full Set"
>   Schedule = Night
>   Retry = "2,10"	# allow up to 2 retries at 10-minute intervals
> }
Agreed, specifying the retry interval seems to be a good idea.

What about the other aspect I mentioned, Jobs which don't throw errors if they
fail because they're supposed to fail and it isn't really an error. Introduce
another flag or do you have a better idea for that?

Best regards,
Michael