Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] copy over internal IP

On Friday 18 January 2008 19:55, Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Andy Goldschmidt wrote:
> > Hi Frank
> >
> > You are a pure Genuis. Don't know why I never thought about that.
> >
> > Do you know if I can submit this as a  Feature Request, so in future
> > versions it can be done properly in the bacula config files ?
>
> I have no idea if Kern would accept it or not, but at a minimum you should
> probably come up with a sample syntax to define what you'd like to see, and
> make sure something like it isn't already in the projects list:

Well, anyone can submit any Feature Request and we always look at them all.
Only a very few are rejected (see near the bottom of the projects file)
mainly because they are not consistent with Bacula philosophy or they involve
proprietary code, or no one knows how to implement them.  If the Feature
Request is accepted, as most are, we need a patch if you want to be sure it
goes into the code, otherwise, it is a question of priorities normally
determined for the most part by the Bacula users ...