Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] Beta release of Bacula version 2.2.8

Weber, Philip wrote:
> I've fairly recently implemented Bacula on Solaris 9 servers - Director,
> 2 Storage Daemons, 2 tape libraries, MySQL.  I also have a similar test
> environment which I can get up and running fairly quickly.
>
> Should I be running the regression tests either for my own upgrade
> testing or for the benefit of the community?  If so, where do I start?

It's always a good idea to run regression tests =)  You should note, however,
that the contention issues that Kern mentioned are quite difficult to hit in
the regression suites.  I was able to hit the contention issue a few times a
week in my configuration (two tape drives off a single autochanger, about 20
clients), but not in the regression suite.

The regression suite is actually pretty easy to get started with.  Directions
are in the developer's manual:

http://bacula.org/developers/Bacula_Regression_Testing.html

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken