Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] Bat cannot restore: full backup not found

On Friday 11 January 2008 12:56, Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Monday 15 October 2007 10:48, Silver Salonen wrote:
> > Hello again.

> it,

> > > The pool is not required, which is why you can specify All.  I
> > > personally
> >
> > have
> >
> > > no problem with the current default way bat works.  If there is some
>
> strong
>
> > > outcry against it, we can consider changing it.
> >
> > Yes, if you don't consider always making an extra 1 click for no real
>
> reason,
>
> > it's not the problem.
>
> Hi.
>
> Sorry to bother you with the old issue, but I was just in touch with this
> in a situation where I could not change the pool directive (well, not by
> default anyway): when listing Media's jobs and selecting "Restore from Job"
> on a job. The usage-workaround in this case is to select "Job" instead of
> "JobIds", set Pool to "Any" and select "JobIds" again.
>
> If the latter workaround is OK too, then there's still no bug ;)

This sounds like a different problem to me (possibly related to the previous
one though).  I didn't consider the previous report to be a real problem
because it was a question of a single click, but in this case, you seem to be
describing something much more complicated to get bat to do what you want,
and that may be a bug or a indicate the need for reexamining the interface.

Could you give me more details of the problem?  I follow you through
selecting "Restore from Job", but after than I am a bit unsure what you were
originally trying to do, what actually happens, and what you would like to
happen.