Re: [Bacula-devel] option to disable compression depending on storage type (disk/tape)

Hi,

10.01.2008 16:55, Ralf Gross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> up to now I made only tape based backups. Now I wanted to use disk
> volumes for incremental and differential backups, because of the very
> small deltas, but still tapes for the full backups.
>
> The compression option is part of the FileSet and can not be changed
> based on the storage type. For tape volumes I don't want an additional
> software compression. For disk volumes it would make sense to use it.
> Using different fileset for a jobs breaks the inc/diff/full cycle.
>
> How complex would it be to implement a flag in the sd resource which
> enabled/disables compression? Or an additional override feature for
> compression in the schedule resource?
>
> I didn't find anything  related on the project page. Would it make
> sense to implement this as an project or is it possible that this will
> eventually be realized without an extra project?

Alternatively, you could set up a compressed file system or block
device. I never tried that, but there seem to be a few options - under
linux, cloop would be one, compFUSEd another one.

Hope this helps,

Arno

> Ralf

Arno Lehmann