Re: [Bacula-devel] MySQL table 'batch' goes missing

Hi Michel

On Sunday 06 January 2008 13:31:27 Michel Meyers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just had a job bail out with this message:
>
> 06-Jan 13:09 server-dir JobId 84: Fatal error: sql_create.c:732
> sql_create.c:732 insert INSERT INTO batch VALUES
> (578407,84,'/path/','filename','P4A ORB4 IGk B h h A Byp BAA Q BHf8G2
> BHQexl BHfb1A A A E','oJKoU70RjrXaw
> UdZeOLFQ') failed:
> Table 'bacula.batch' doesn't exist
>
> A short investigation shows that this happens due to the MySQL
> connection timing out and the table subsequently getting dropped.

What is the exact mysql error message (server side)? Why the connection have
been dropped ? Your backup contains how many files ?

I have seen this before in user list, but nobody have open a bug with
complete informations (job ouput for example).

> My question is: Wouldn't it be better to create a permanent table and
> just drop it when done? If multiple of these are needed concurrently,
> they could be created with a unique name, like bacula.batch-$jobid and
> then maybe add some cleanup code that purges any bacula.batch* tables
> upon director startup.

It's a litle bit more complex than that, and i want to avoid to recreate
temporary table features in bacula for gotcha or database configuration
problems.

We can probably fix that in setup scripts.

> This would make Bacula resilient to MySQL timeouts and avoid forcing
> users to change their global MySQL config. (e.g. I don't mind granting
> the Bacula user rights to create tables, I DO mind changing the MySQL
> timeout for everybody.)
>
> Greetings,
>        Michel

Bye