Re: [Bacula-devel] bug with respect to junction points in betas of winbacula fd versions 2.2.9 and up?

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 20:41:44 Bob Hetzel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I'm seeing a bug in bacula-fd on windows that started in the
> 2.2.9 betas.
>
> On a client with bacula-fd version 2.2.8 I ran the estimate command and
> got the following info.
>
> *estimate job=beh
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Connecting to Client beh at beh.case.edu:9102
> 2000 OK estimate files=17431 bytes=2,229,989,297
>
> ===
> I than ran the installer for 2.2.10-b1 and got...
>
> *estimate job=beh
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Connecting to Client beh at beh.case.edu:9102
> 2000 OK estimate files=210512 bytes=31,324,345,820
>
> (similarly for 2.2.9-b6).
>
> I did an estimate listing on the beta one and sorted it and noted the
> following example of a file being backed up more than once due to the
> junction points windows uses in Vista...
>
> [inserted as web link so it doesn't get line wrapped by either of our
> respective e-mail readers]
>
> http://casemed.case.edu/admin_computing/bacula/listing-log.txt
>
> As far as I know, this is a basic Vista Enterprise installation.  I can
> provide more info if this is not enough for you to duplicate it.

You might want to re-test this on the 2.2.10-b4 release where the problem
should be fixed -- at least for backups.  I have never tested the estimate
command on Win32 so I don't know what it will do.

Kern