Re: [Bacula-devel] Regression Dashboard

Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Thanks again to Dan Langille for suggesting and pushing for this project as
> well as running nightly FreeBSD regressions, and to you for getting the
> scripts running, the dashboard setup,  hosting the dashboard site, and
> running nightly regressions.
>
> This definitely a very significant help to the project in being able to see
> the test results on a variety of machines, and to be able to drill down to
> any errors that do show up.  I don't know how I ever lived without it.
>
> We are now able to automatically test a number of Linux distros, FreeBSD, and
> Solaris on a nightly basis, which will surely improve the quality of the
> Bacula code.

I'm very glad to be able to do this.  Anything that helps make Bacula a better
project is fine by me =)

> Anyway, aside from the above thanks, is there any way that you can get the
> dashboard to show date/time in CET format?  Since most of the developers are
> running on CET, it would be very helpful -- especially for the "experimental"
> test runs that we do before committing.

Well... mostly.

I've told the dashboard server process that it's in CET timezone, so any
future submissions will get shown from that perspective.

However, it seems that the timestamps in the database are stored without any
associated timezone information!  I'm not sure whether this limitation is in
the dart application itself or the derby database backend it uses, but it
means that all of the existing timestamps will be shown exactly as they were,
rather than shifting to reflect the change in timezone.  Quite a silly
limitation in this day and age, but there it is.

Luckily, the timezone information is at least present in the ctest data files,
so going forward all newly submitted results should reflect the CET timezone
properly.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken