Re: [Bacula-devel] patch: fix: job graphs don't work even with qwt

On Saturday 24 May 2008 08:52:28 rgh wrote:
> Hello,
> this patch re-enables job graphs when qwt is present.
> To have a cleaner display, all graph buttons are now hidden if qwt is
> missing.
>
> Ciao,
> Riccardo

Hello Riccardo,

Nice. I like the idea of making the qwt buttons invisible.

One small detail: I would prefer not to have assert()s in the code because it
is not very user friendly.  I suggest to either completely ignore the
condition (my preference) or possibly print a message in the status line.

We do use assert()s in the core of Bacula, but only in the case that we find
something really proken where to continue could mean corrupted data.

PS: As far as I can tell, there is still some configuration problem with
changing the qwt option on configure.  I think the problem is that a "make
clean" is needed after every ./configure to get things right, but in the
qt-source directory it is not currently happening.  I will work on this in
the next couple of days -- in the mean time, if you change the ./configure
qwt option, you must manually do a "make clean".