Re: [Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection

Hello,

I am very pleased to see that someone is trying out this feature, and even
more surprised that it works, because although I implemented the code to do
the Copy, I have never had the time to run it.

One thing that you should test VERY carefully is restores after a Copy.  I do
not know exactly what Bacula is going to do when it finds multiple jobs that
started at *exactly* the same time.  It could very likely get confused.  My
intention was to test this later and to try to find some solution that allows
the user to make some intelligent choice of what is used for the restore.
Please do not underestimate the potential problems with restore and this new
feature.

Concerning your question about how to Copy only those jobs that have not
already been copied:  well, that is an extremely good question, and now that
you mention it, this is clearly something that users are going to want to do,
so Bacula *should* have some easy way to do it.  I need to do a bit of
research over the next couple of days to see what the best way to do it is --
it is unfortunately not a question I can answer without careful examination
of the code (in particular the entries in the SQL database).  I'll also see
if I can look into the problems of restores as well.

If you haven't heard back from my by Friday of this week, it means that I have
gotten distracted (too many things going on with Bacula these days), so
please in that case send me a reminder email.

Please let me know what sort of results you get with doing restores.